𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞: When the Silence Breaks
𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫: Elizabeth Goddard
𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬: Mercy Ridge #1
𝐏𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫: Revell
𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐞: Romantic Suspense, Fiction / Mystery & Suspense
𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞: August 4, 2026
When the Silence Breaks by Elizabeth Goddard is the first book in the Mercy Ridge series. This book had me hooked from the start, and I cannot wait to read the next book in this series.
The story opens with: “Secrets can’t stay buried forever.” As the story unfolds, we find out how true this quote is. Sarah has come to Mercy Ridge to try and uncover secrets and find out the reason behind her brother’s death-or was it murder? When she sets her sights on Ryder Goodwin for her wilderness guide, no one is more surprised than her when he helps her from a mudslide. When weird things start to happen, Ryder agrees to help Sarah. As they traverse the Cascade Mountains, I felt like I was right alongside Sarah and Ryder navigating these mountains. This story was jam-packed with action and suspense. There were secrets to uncover, shots fired, a suspicious person poking around, mudslides, an old military plane, and more. This story kept me guessing throughout the whole thing, and I could not put the story down. I don’t want to spoil anything, but I will say the layers to this story were amazing- I was definitely left shocked a few times.
Elizabeth Goddard intertwined faith elements throughout this story perfectly. They had to lean into God to overcome their adventure.
*I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book, which I received from the author. A positive review was not required. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

No comments:
Post a Comment